Pre-hospital car and CPR skills for professional first responders or those wanting to become first.
Pre-hospital care and CPR skills for professional first responders or those wanting to become first responders. Course teaches techniques for sustaining life, preventing further injuries, and caring for illnesses and injuries until the nest level of medical personnel arrives. Includes CPR level HCP and AED.
- Red Cross Emergency Care Instructor, Advanced Emergency Care Instructor or Emergency Care Instructor Trainer.
- 100% attendance, skill demonstration, and 80% min. passing grade on written exam, and one evaluated scenario.
- 3-year certification in First Responder, CPR Level HCP, and AED.
- 20 hours; includes CPR Level HCP.
- Part 1- Preparing to Respond:
- The responder;
- The emergency scene;
- Preventing disease transmission.
- Part 2 - Establishing Priorities of Care:
- Anatomy and physiology;
- Respiratory emergencies;
- Airway and ventilation;
- Circulatory emergencies;
- Part 3 - Traumatic Injuries:
- Soft tissue injuries;
- Musculoskeletal injuries;
- Head and spine injuries;
- Chest, abdominal, and pelvic injuries.
- Part 4 - Medical Emergencies:
- Sudden illnesses;
- Heat- and cold- related emergencies.
- Part 5 - Special Populations and Situations:
Includes CPR HCP.
- Special populations & crisis intervention;
- Reaching and moving patients;
- Multiple casualty incidents;
Includes any other content required by specific legislation.
- Red Cross Emergency Care text;
- Red Cross Emergency Care Workbook;
- Certification card and optional wall certificate.